Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD. Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.
Summary of This Role
Generates revenue through proactive selling of Output Services Card and/or Statement Production services to targeted and/or assigned prospects and/or clients of TSYS/Global Payments. Proactively researches and collects relevant information to understand the market, identify potential opportunities and sales prospects. Prepares quantitative, qualitative, and financial data for use in sales and pricing proposals and presentations. Develops and executes an ongoing sales plan used to drive activities to achieve and/or exceed the stated revenue goals and objectives.
Position is open to work out of Alpharetta/Atlanta or Columbus, GA Offices
Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- This resource will be responsible for selling print production or card production to non-legacy TSYS customers (Accounts Not on File).
- The sales managers will need to identify and cultivate relationships with prospects that may or may not be familiar with TSYS.
- They will start out by calling on legacy Global Payment clients to take advantage of synergies and cross sell opportunities and will then be required to identify and penetrate new non Global/TSYS customers within the financial sector and additional markets specific to print or card production.
Job Specific Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), negotiations skills, polished and professional. Ideally has a sales background and print or card production specific experience.
Typical Day in the Life of the Role
- Daily activities include cold calling and researching to identify prospects, presenting our solution to prospects, writing and communicating proposals, working with legal and finance for contracts and pricing, negotiating all key business and contractual terms, loading and maintaining documentation within Salesforce, effectively communicating updates to management, working closely with line of business to understand current solution and roadmap while providing product/solutions feedback from prospects and sales updates.
Travel is requirements of the role
- Once we begin traveling again, this position will need to travel up to 25-50% of the time. Until then, most activities will be managed remotely or from a TSYS facility.
What Part Will You Play?
- Researches target prospects and develops sales pipeline in the assigned territory, assigned portfolio or with assigned accounts for new sales. Identifies business opportunities, conducts cold calls and determines which relationships to nurture.
- Creates, maintains and sustains Strategic Sales Plan (SSP) for identified top prospects in assigned area or accounts. Is responsible for executing the sales process end to end, from initial call to closing the sale and signing an agreement.
- Creates the solution design plan. Sizes the work needed for the conversion and helps clients understand the work effort for the transition. Assesses the customer's business and reviews solution design options with the client, considering the client's vision, goal, objectives, pain points and target state and makes recommendations for the delivery option. Seeks guidance from internal resources as necessary for the support of executing throughout the sales cycle.
- Conducts stage assessments from time to time. Identifies and orchestrates the correct internal resources, such as within pricing, IT, implementation, etc. to meet with the client at the appropriate time based on the objectives of the client. Conducts ongoing communication with various internal groups.
- Understands the dynamics of the industry, is knowledgeable regarding key trends in the market and discusses with clients regarding current products and developing products, including mobile app developments, chip cards, etc. Conducts consultative thought leadership with prospects and helps client with possible solution design.
- Independently negotiates agreements and service level agreements for prospects.
- Manages the sales presentation and sales process, including identifying the objectives of the meeting, setting the agenda, and following-up on action items as needed.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Typical fields include Communication, English, IT, or Engineering; Combination of relevant training and/ or experience in lieu of degree
- Typically Minimum 8 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in industry
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a function, account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, both internal and external.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to close a deal
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills/Building Relationships - Orchestrate work across internal and external teams
- Presentation Skills - Present sales presentation and sales process to client
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
This job has expired.