Job Title: Manufacturing Process Engineer
Position Summary & Details:
• 4-6 Month Contract Position
• Experience working with sheet metal preferred
• Will help work as a change agent role to sustain the organization's current performance and assure its future performance. This includes enabling people to work effectively as they plan, implement and experience change and increasing people's ability to manage future change
• Analyze highly complex production and processes. Plan the arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Direct the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
• Document and maintain process procedures, work instructions and tool drawings.
• Review performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigate and initiate corrective action of problems and deficiencies.
• Conduct root cause analysis for rejected or faulty parts. Research work processes and conduct failure analysis to determine cause of error or problem parts.
• Analyze SPC (statistical process control) data for identified work processes to ensure level of performance.
• Assist with instructing, training, and answering area-specific questions for less experienced Manufacturing Engineers or other departmental personnel.
• Conduct "make vs. buy" analysis on new or existing parts/processes.
• Establish acceptance criteria for new tools, equipment, and/or processes.
• Serve as a technical resource and Manufacturing liaison to Supply Management and New Product Development for new and existing parts, products, and processes.
• Performs duties and responsibilities as described in the quality system
• Physical requirements: