The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat ('NASCAR').
NASCAR Media Ventures seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Media Specialist II based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This person will be responsible for content ingesting and file distribution to internal and external clients. Also responsible for monitoring live video streaming.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Required skills / experience:
- Fulfill ingest and distribution requests from outside clients as assigned
- Delegates work orders to level 1 Media Specialists as necessary
- Facilitate requests from Competition and Research & Development departments
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and legacy video formats
- Build and test transcoding profiles and provide workflow pointers for the Production Technology department
- Evaluate workflow efficiency for ingest and delivery workflows; make recommendations for improvements when appropriate
- Monitor live video streaming; troubleshoot or elevate issues as needed
- Keep the Production Network (SAN) operational and maintained
- Update Sharepoint as content is available for edit
- Basic level CDN configuration updates as requested
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years' experience in information technology or similar computer support.
- Proficient in non-linear editing programs, primarily Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experience with Apple and Mac OS including Creative Cloud, and content management systems is not required but beneficial to the job.
- Adobe Photoshop, After Effects and HTML is a bonus.
- Well organized and able to work with flexible and shifting priorities
- Ability to carry out duties with little direct supervision
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in project management framework
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.