While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb steps, walk, use hands, talk and hear for up to twelve (12) hours per day. The employee must be able to lift, push, and pull 50 or more lbs periodically during the day. The employee must have medical clearance to wear a respirator and be able to drive a forklift. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Initiate known work duties and/or receive instructions from supervisor.
2. Start wire through the various process lead pans and strings through take up.
3. Sink wire into lead and zinc pans and inspect finished product.
4. Skim zinc pans periodically.
5. Check machines and equipment for operating conditions as required.
6. Use hand tools to perform various wire functions as required.
7. Repair wire breaks using a welder.
8. Move finished material to and from various locations by use of forklift.
9. Perform minor machine repairs.
10. Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
11. Complete paperwork accurately.
12. Complete necessary entries on manufacturing data entry system.
13. Maintain proper quality standards.
14. Observe all safety rules.
15. Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.