Job ID: 207381
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times as well as, maintain the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job.
- Be able to ingress an degress truck by navigating 2 steps with grab bars present
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment
- Operate ready mix concrete truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instruction.
- Maintain communication with dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries, check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Frequently climb 8-12 foot ladder to ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Frequently handle 50 pound mixer chutes safely, and dump slurry as required by established procedures
- Collect money from customers and record transactions on receipt.
- Inform customers of new products or services. Listen to and communicate or resolve service complaints.
- Respond to customer questions and complaints related to basic product knowledge and concrete instruction.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and DOT regulations.
- Complete written reports of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Safely maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assure product quality to the best of the Driver's ability before leaving plants and in route to jobsites.
- Maintain a clean mixer truck, inside and out, to insure safety and operational excellence, by washing truck, to clean off excess concrete on the truck, fins or in the hopper throughout the day.
- Current Commercial Drivers License, Class B or better.
- And posses a current DOT physical card
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the general public at all times.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time,
- Strict adherence to the Pennsy Supply, Inc. Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to the Pennsy Supply, Inc. policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as assigned
About Pennsy Supply
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt and aggregates as well as providing construction services until joining the CRH family in 1993. With being a part of the CRH family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH is a great place to grow! Are you up for the challenge of joining our team? We invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with CRH!
EOE/AAP M-F-D-DV What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Philadelphia Nearest Secondary Market:
Harrisburg Job Segment:
This job has expired.