Job ID: 224444
APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH company, is a great place to work! CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. We have great employees that have been with us many years - and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team - where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
The Foreman position is responsible for the day to day operations of the facility including the following, but not limited to: handling the aspects related to plant personnel and customers; scheduling and necessary plant maintenance. The selected candidate will be required to ensure that the quarry site operates efficiently and successfully.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Supervise, evaluate, coach, and motivate personnel supervised.
- Oversee and enforce company and MSHA safety programs and policies
- Manage the workforce assigned to the quarry daily.
- Direct work at assigned locations and job sites.
- Maintain quality assurance of the quarry as required.
- Ensure routine upkeep of property.
- Control expenditures and maximize profits for the quarry, region, and company.
- Control and maintain inventory levels.
- Routinely inspect vehicles and equipment to report repairs needed.
- Assist with accident and environmental investigation/compliance.
- Analyze and correct hazardous conditions.
- Complete all paperwork and reports required by the company in a timely manner.
- Issue discipline at the direction of the Superintendent or Production Manager.
- Report any problems to the Superintendent, Safety, or Human Resources.
- Review time cards and monitor attendance.
- Adhere to and positively communicate all company policies.
- Must operate heavy equipment when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Knowledge/Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in plant maintenance.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to work well and efficiently with others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Minimum of a High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Three plus years of related experience and/or training preferred.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Mississippi, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Tupelo Job Segment:
Quality Assurance, Facilities, Technology, Operations