Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Mid-Level Dam Geotechnical Engineer to join our Phoenix, AZ team. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of geotechnical engineering projects with a focus on flood control structures, specifically earth dams and levees.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will provide geotechnical engineering and task management/coordination and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood's Project Managers
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports
- Geotechnical engineering analyses of slope stability, seepage analysis, settlement, and LRFD foundation design
- Conduct inspections and evaluations of earth dams and levees
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight
- Coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with team members
- Participate in proposal efforts
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering; an emphasis in geotechnical engineering is a plus
- Arizona PE license or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- 4-10 years + relevant professional geotechnical engineering experience
- At least 1 year of experience working on flood control structures, specifically earth dams and levees
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local Arizona soils and geology
- Experience in earth dams and levees and two or more of the following areas:
- Drilling, field investigations and laboratory testing
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with SLOPE/W & SEEP/W a plus but not required
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites, primarily in Arizona
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.