Follow up on missing documentation, including the generation of appropriate queries, as needed.
- Assign ICD-9-CM and/or ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes and present on admission (POA) indicators
- Maintain at least a 95% accuracy rate
- Maintain at least a 95% productivity rate
- Communication of issues to the MS-DRG, with CDI specialists, as appropriate
- Thorough understanding of ICD-10 Official Coding Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and AHA Coding Clinic
- Thorough understanding of Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Groups (MS-DRGs)
- Understanding of coding resources and tools, including 3M
Oxford is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oxford will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. Oxford is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.