The UI Heart and Vascular Center is seeking a full time (100%) Imaging Technologist to perform specialized digital angiography imaging utilizing complex imaging equipment with close patient monitoring during Adult Cardiac Catheterization Lab procedures in the UI Heart and Vascular Center.
Percent of Time:
- Provide direct, safe patient care to patients undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic adult cardiac catheterization procedures.
- Manipulate, adjust and control the complex electronic and computerized components of the imaging system to produce patient examinations and research project while performing quality assurance procedures and evaluating system performance throughout the working day. This includes independent operation with minimal physician supervision.
- Utilize proper septic techniques including but not limited, to skin preparation and IV placement. Also, vital sign monitoring and recording and basic and advanced life support knowledge.
- Utilize appropriate safety precautions to minimize or eliminate risks to patients, personnel and equipment.
- Perform image processing such as 3-D reconstruction and image reprocessing and non-imaging functions such as spectroscopy.
- Prepare and administer contrast material to patients under radiologist supervision as required.
- Maintain records and results of examinations and archive computer data.
- Establish rapport with patient and provide information about how the exam is performed and what is required of the patient.
- Plan daily regular and STAT scheduling for efficient room utilization.
- Assist with inventory, ordering supplies and maintaining quality assurance in accordance
- Provide instruction to trainees, students and other medical staff on operation and safety precautions.
- Participate in phantom and/or animal research as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments in specialty imaging area and related subjects with periodic software updates by attending meetings, continuing education programs, participates in professional organizations and/or reviews journals or publications.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility; pride in work performed; and flexibility in acceptance of assignments while consistently maintaining professional behavior and appearance.
- Required participation in night/weekend/holiday on-call assignment/coverage (arrival at UI Hospitals & Clinics within 20 minutes required).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
4 - 10 hour Day shifts (Monday - Friday); Rotating day off, On-Call assignment (includes Weeknight/Weekend/University Holidays)
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives. ® Education Requirement:
- Successful completion of two-year or other approved program by Joint Commission Committee in Radiologic Technology Education is required.
- Previous imaging technologist experience (Adult Cardiac Catheterization experience preferred); OR completion of Cardiac and Vascular Interventional clinical internship (within the last 12 mos.) required.
- Demonstrated history of positive and professional interactions with patients, families, professional health care staff, and interdisciplinary team members via written, verbal and in-person communication(s).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment while functioning in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must take On-Call assignment (arrival at UI Hospitals & Clinics within 20 minutes required).
- Certification in diagnostic procedures by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is required prior to start date.
- Permit to practice by the State of Iowa for all technologists operating ionizing radiation emitting equipment is required prior to start date.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification(s) are required prior to start date.
- 3 years imaging technologist experience (Adult Cardiac Catheterization).
- Previous EPIC experience.
In order to be considered applicants must upload a resume and cover letter clearly addressing how the required and desired qualifications of this position have been met. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on August 7, 2020
. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Classification Title: Imaging Technologist
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: UI Heart and Vascular Center HR Team
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org