ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies the correctness of goods received against bills of lading, invoices or other records.
- Records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes merchandise or materials to proper department.
- Puts identifying information on containers, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against travelers or other records.
- Assemble/coordinate wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Inspects items 100% for quality prior to inserting items into containers.
- Attach Bills of Lading to shipping containers.
- Posts job number, customer name and part numbers on shipping log.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to Supervisor/Management.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Responsible for cleanliness of his/her own work area and the general housekeeping of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or General Education Degree (GED).
- 5 years of experience required.
- General computer knowledge.
- High degree of diplomacy and the ability to deal with and influence persons in all types of positions required.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Work with minimum supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
Frequent mental and visual attention where the flow is intermittent with intermittent checking. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and occasionally required to walk, sit, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to airborne particles and chemicals. The noise level is usually moderate.
The employee is required to wear safety glasses, earplugs and safety shoes.
This job has expired.