Are you a Physician specialized in either cardiology, nephrology, or endocrinology? Would you like to make a true difference where science meets the patient? Join us now to be part of the discovery of future treatment of Cardiovascular, Renal, and Metabolic diseases!
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. This role will give you the opportunity to work at the forefront of early clinical and translational research within Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolism (CVRM), one of AstraZeneca's main therapy areas. In a multidisciplinary environment, you will play a key role in progressing a rich and diverse pipeline of both small and large molecules. You can be located at any one of AstraZeneca's vibrant R&D sites in Gothenburg Sweden, Cambridge UK, or Gaithersburg US.
What you'll do
You will be responsible for managing global or regional therapeutic/ research projects or acting as an expert involved in the design, conduct, monitoring, data interpretation, and reporting of individual clinical trials. Ensures projects adhere to Good Clinical Practice and regulatory requirements. Will be responsible for overseeing the development of the functional strategy or act as a renowned expert in your own field.
Essential for the role
- Direct/Oversee the design and implementation of early-stage clinical projects, as a member of our Clinical Program Team (CPT) and Clinical Trial Team (CTT). Ensure that the overall scientific and medical content of all clinical programs is scientifically and clinically rigorous
- Lead cross-functional teams comprised of multidisciplinary professionals and clinical scientists. Direct responsibility for leading a team of Clinical Development professionals and ensure delivery of their portfolio of assets
- Serve as Medical Monitor, responsible for the safety monitoring of clinical trials, and as a medical expert for Phase I/II studies, managing the process from protocol development through individual study report and integrated regulatory documentation
- Prepare clinical development plans that integrate pre-clinical and early clinical findings while working to ensure cross-functional alignment on an ongoing basis throughout the early phases of clinical development
- Design scientifically rigorous and maximally cost-effective clinical protocols that are aligned with the clinical development plan
- Serve as Medical Monitor, responsible for the safety monitoring of clinical trials, and as the medical expert for Phase I/II studies, managing the process from protocol development through individual study report and integrated regulatory documentation
- Contribute to the preparation of various official and regulatory documents for Regulatory and other agencies, such as Dossiers, CTAs, INDs, Safety, and Annual reports, handling of responses to regulatory agencies regarding questions about complex clinical development issues (e.g., safety or efficacy)
We are looking for Medical Doctors with clinical and research experience in either late-stage cardiovascular, renal or metabolism medicine. With your sincere interest in improving patient lives, you will be part of a team driving clinical development of novel innovative targets in CVRM diseases. If you would like to be part of our growing team, we are offering opportunities in different disease areas and at different levels, depending on your expertise and previous experience. The position is a full time, but for the right individual, there may be a possibility to keep some clinical commitment.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
If you are ready to make a difference - apply today, and we'll make it happen together!Where can I find out more?
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/
Ensuring the health and wellbeing of our employees and the patients on our clinical trials is of paramount importance to us at AstraZeneca. We fully support and commend the vital role physicians are undertaking during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to recruit open physician vacancies, making use of digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit great talent, but we want you to be aware that we are happy to discuss postponing start dates, releasing you for voluntary/ paid clinical work or similar activities during this time. We thank you in advance for all you are doing for patients in these challenging times.
This job has expired.