Scientist, Preclinical Cancer Research, Gaithersburg, MD
What is Happening at AstraZeneca?
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new insights to life.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to push the boundaries of science to change the practice of medicine, transform the lives of patients living with cancer, and to ultimately eliminate cancer as a cause of death. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is bringing novel concepts in immuno-oncology to address unmet medical need.
Our antibody-drug conjugates team in Gaithersburg, MD is rapidly growing. We are seeking a highly motivated and independent Scientist with experience in preclinical cancer research and a history of scientific expertise in modern cell and molecular based methodologies. As a Scientist you will be a key member of a team passionate about delivering all aspects of pharmacology support. You will bring your theoretical and practical expertise to establish assay systems and deliver datasets that will have direct impact on the drug discovery process and pipeline.
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility develops life-changing medicines for people around the world. The modern, vibrant scientific campus employs more than 3000 experts in our field, and it is only a short drive from Washington, DC. It is filled with cutting edge technology. Our work areas were built to facilitate teamwork, safe interactions and cross functional science. We believe employees who feel safe and are challenged by the work, are positioned to be creatively inspired to deliver.
Working in this laboratory-based position within the Early Oncology Discovery group you will develop, design, conduct, troubleshoot, and analyze in vitro experiments to assess the function of our ADCs and dissect the mechanism of action of these novel cancer therapeutics.
Essential Skills and Capabilities Education
- Support cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with project leaders to ensure the timely generation and dissemination of critical program data
- As a highly organized, self-motivated laboratory science professional, you will stay up to date with relevant technical and intellectual scientific expertise in tumor biology and cancer modeling
- Ideal candidates will have a genuine passion for this field of research
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of experience
Desirable for the role
- Knowledge of cell biology, molecular biology, and/or biochemistry in the context of cancer biology, with a desire for continued learning
- Experience with routine cell culture, particularly culture of tumor cells
- Experience with molecular- and cell-based methodologies such as multicolor flow cytometry, fluorescent and live cell microscopy, cytotoxicity assays, ELISA, qPCR, western blotting, and co-immunoprecipitation
- Works independently with minimal direction to conduct experiments
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and evidence of delivery in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ensures own work, and work of peers, is GLP compliant, Safety, Health, and Environment standards and all other relevant internal AstraZeneca standards and external regulations are in order
- Master's degree in a scientific subject area
- Prior experience in the biopharmaceutical industry preferable but not required
- A proven track record of efficiency; contributions to scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in high-content imaging, cell cycle analysis, and/or DNA Damage Repair, would be considered favorable
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.