This position will be the key leader to the Shipping, Paint, & Material departments and will report directly to the Production Manager. Will be over see 20+ associates.
- Acts as department leader by understanding all dimensions & expectations of Shipping, Paint, & Material.
- Serves as department champion & coach of quality, Lean, and process improvements to promote a continuous learning environment.
- Utilizes SAP ERP system to manage all aspects of daily orders, schedules, and reporting.
- Works with Production, Quality & Engineering, and Plant Managers to help employ strategic & operational objectives, assessing the current processes performed among functional areas.
- Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish goals in an effective and efficient manner.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving department ensuring materials are staged and accounted for, resolving discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports. Oversees the movement of material from receiving to the warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Ensures quality service by establishing and verifying organization standards are met.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of collaboration within and between departments.
- Provides Shipping & Paint information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing shipping schedules and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Supports the creation and revision of systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant & Production Manager to support corporate goals.
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, specific SAP a plus.
- Basic understanding of Lean principles & tools in a manufacturing setting, and the ability to apply these principles to drive continuous improvement.
- Understanding of manufacturing flow, with a focus on Shipping & Receiving.
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to exhibit strategic planning and use problem solving methods.
- Support in the analyzing of problems and collaborate in appropriate solutions.
- Skills or experience with personal computers, including E-mail, personal scheduling, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lead people to daily/weekly, and long term success.
- Ability to use wide range of measurement instruments measuring tape, calipers, etc.
- Manual dexterity and mobility sufficient to extensively, safely and productively use hand tools such as wrenches, hammers, small grinders, welding stingers and similar fabrication shop equipment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repetitively during a shift.
- Ability to drive a forklift and utilize a pallet jack.
- Ability to use hand tools such as a hammer and staple gun.
- High School Degree/GED or equivalent required, Associates/Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing/Operations preferred
- 2-3 years supervisory experience in shipping/receiving in a manufacturing setting
Meet Your Recruiter
This job has expired.