TITLE: Utility Tech
LOCATION: Toccoa Plant
REPORTS TO: Materials/Shipping Supervisor
To support the operations of the plant so that they can optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals and client/customer expectations.
* Productively learn and perform each role in department when needed, produce quality products, and perform operator preventative maintenance tasks within the assigned areas.
* Follow all safety, quality, production, materials and plant policies and procedures.
* Demonstrate behavior that aligns with plant expectations and CITE principles
* Ensure that all paperwork, documentation, reports and data entry are completed daily for each assigned area.
* Successfully complete all training required to meet the needs of the team (and applicable job rotations, including the Shipping Forklift, Offsite Warehouse Forklift, Cut to Size/Strip Flow Forklift, Return Flow Forklift, and Yard Operator roles). Training is completed to keep skill set current to meet the needs of the team, department and plant.
* Available to work assigned schedule and shift hours as necessary to meet client/customer requirements
* Identify parts and colors, effectively perform quality checks and troubleshoot when appropriate.
* Computer literate to include Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite of products in addition to software required of each trained role.
* Train new or back-up operators using certified peer trainer tools and techniques
* Maintain daily 5S/clean-up expectations for each assigned area.
* Multitask between several processes and machines at once.
* Participate on Kaizen, TPM and cross-functional team events as requested.
* Fill in when necessary to cover for absenteeism anywhere in the department.
* Acquire and maintain an active AWC forklift license.
* Maintain a safe work environment for self and others.
* Assist in all areas of departments as needed.
* Encourage team members and promote a positive attitude.
* Has excellent verbal communication skills and serves as a conduit of information between Team Leaders, Supervisors, and team members.
* Perform other tasks as directed by plant management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* High School Diploma/ GED required. In lieu of education, extensive knowledge of all processes associated within the scope of the respective team may be considered.
* Manufacturing/work experience and willingness to learn to operate required positions in the team assigned.
* Track record of successful team support, meeting work performance expectations and commitment toward continuous improvement.
* Experience performing duties in a working in teams environment committed to positive performance and SQDC goal achievement.
* Demonstrated behavior that supports the company's core values and CITE principles.
* Has excellent communication skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.LANGUAGE SKILLS: Use basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to such tasks as inventory control, material ordering, and job order verification. REASONING SKILLS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, talk, crouch, use stairs to access work area, stand, bend, reach and feel with hands and arms and walk for entirety of shift. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds.Typical indoor and outdoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection is required in all areas of the production floor. Safety glasses are required at all times on the production floor. Other forms of PPE may be required depending on the work/task being performed. Occasional weekend or off-shift work required.
* WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
* PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Perceive problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an assorted number of tasks or instructions.
* MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
* Must read, analyze, and interpret common business documents such as packing lists, manifests, bills of lading, pallet tickets, or job orders. Must communicate effectively with co-workers and customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression; and it will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability, which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Approved by: Bryon Whitworth, Toccoa Plant Operations Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled