Location: Rock Island, IL
Under general supervision, develops codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software. Has good understanding of business applications. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. May assist in development of software user manuals.
The candidate shall provide software development and maintenance expertise by participating as a developer member of a Software Development Team (SDT). The candidate shall apply skills at a complexity level and velocity equivalent to three (3) years of paid experience at minimum, under general direction, to develop and/or modify moderately to highly complex applications (generally web-based) by designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining those programs. The candidate shall be competent to work on most phases of applications programming activities and require little to no instruction and guidance in performing routine tasks. The candidate shall collaborate with other members of the SDT including software development leads, product managers, testers, business analysts, and other developers to understand and implement individual work efforts and overall product vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, improve, and maintain software source code.
- Develop, improve, and maintain software diagrams or models.
- Develop, improve, or maintain software documentation.
- Document software development lifecycle efforts.
- Provide recommendations for designs, solutions, and/or improvements.
- Notify SDT members appropriately.
- Attend and participate in SDT meetings.
- QLIK and SiteFinity
(Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to be performed with minimal guidance.
The candidate shall utilize effectively and efficiently the following programming languages, tools, frameworks, concepts, and platforms operating on Microsoft Windows Server platforms to develop, improve, and maintain source code on large scale web-based software and systems as prioritized by the SDT:
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Microsoft C#
- Microsoft .NET Framework Libraries (3.x and higher)
- Microsoft ASP.NET Web Forms
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC (3 and higher)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and higher
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) (2013 and higher)
- HTML (4.01 and higher)
- JQuery (1.x and higher)
- CSS (2 and higher)
- Bootstrap (2 and higher)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- SQL / TSQL
- Microsoft SQL Server (2014 and higher)
- Database Design
- Balsamiq Mockups (3 and higher)
- SharePoint Designer
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
Job Requirements Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Software Development is considered IAT Level One (1) per DoD 8570.01-M. and contract employees must possess all necessary certifications prior to performing on the contract. The computing environment (CE) certification most appropriate for specific tasks associated with software development is Microsoft.
Education / Experience / Certifications
- Web Development Fundamentals, Exam 98-363. (or most current equivalent/comparable Microsoft certification)
- Candidate employees must have at least three (3) years of paid experience in software development using the platforms, programming languages, and frameworks specified in the Specific Tasks section.
- It is preferred the candidate be certified in QLIK; both in the business analyst, and data architect roles. However, this is not required as long as they can apply knowledge of QLIK to create visualizations, mash-up, and data integration.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge in the SiteFinity application to create pages, forms, custom layouts, controls, publication and other day to day aspects of utilization of the application.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- 3+ years of experience
- Must possess and maintain an IT I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and an IAT I certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Occasional use of company vehicle while on work site
Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance Company Summary
Headquartered in Hawaii, KaiHonua, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. KaiHonua, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
KaiHonua LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
KaiHonua LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.