Mueller Co. is North America's largest and only full-line supplier of portable water distribution products. We are a subsidiary of Mueller Water Products a publicly traded company (NYSE: MWA). Our Albertville, AL manufacturing operation was established in 1974 and has produced more than 4 million fire hydrants over the past 40 years. Mueller Co. is currently seeking qualified candidates for full time, regular hourly production positions.
General Labor 1
A qualified candidate must be able to:
- Work Safely in the Manufacturing Production Environment.
- Follow detailed verbal / written assembly instructions, processes, and procedures.
- Read and understand customer work orders and assembly instructions.
- Prepare and assemble materials and parts in a manufacturing production environment.
- Move, process, and organize materials and manufactured products.
- Operate hand power tools, presses, mills, lathes, drills, fork lifts, control equipment efficiently and safely.
- Perform quality control checks and verification of work order specifications.
- Properly fill out basic forms, reports, and label products correctly.
- Communicates and works effectively with others.
- May provide hands on and verbal job function training to coworkers as needed.
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment, safety concerns and materials to Production Supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
Work is scheduled Monday through Saturday. Shifts are 8 to 10 hours with mandatory overtime. The facility has multiple shifts, employees MUST be flexible and may be required to change shifts, work weekends and/or holidays if required.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arm's length, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds, and up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
- Ability to use power tools, air tools and other vibratory tools.
- Ability to work from a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work around hot heavy machinery
- Ability to work in an open warehouse environment, subject to seasonal weather (extreme hot/cold)
- Ability to wear respirator in required areas
- Ability to wear other required personal protection equipment
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Forklift experience is a plus.
- Experience with CNC machines is a plus.
- *Applicant must be able to provide their own personal steel toed work boots with metatarsal guards prior to the first day of work
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sexual orientation, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship status and creed.
This job has expired.