If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (For Non-exempt Employees Include Percent of Effort):
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Establish and monitor the implementation of all standard operating procedures for Detect-pad NIH grant studies and Florida grant studies related to early detection of Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with funding, governmental and regulatory agencies as well as collaborating organizations
- Establishes laboratory policies and Standard Operating Protocols; develops and maintains research standards of the lab.
- Develop and implement an effective program of outreach to attract potential clients to the program. Organize, host and participate in community education and outreach activities to recruit diverse populations historically underrepresented in medical research.
- Conducts meetings with the research staff, and ensures functions are coordinated in a timely and accurate manner according to established guidelines.
- Responsible for support of various research programs and solving any problems as they arise.
- Oversee clinical data and identify new strategies to maximize efficiency of data entry. Prepare data reports and analyses; recommends new methods for collection and documentation of data to UM leadership, Sponsoring Agencies such as NIH and/or Florida Department of Health.
- Oversees research efforts on several research grants at the NIH and State Levels and ensures funding is available.
- Monitors budget and identifies and makes recommendations for cost reduction.
- Monitors and ensures good data acquisition and data management processes.
- Assists in statistical analyses of data, publications and manuscript preparation.
- Oversees operations to ensure policies and procedures yield desired results.
- Manages all compliance issues related to the various research grants and contracts providing information on the requirements and deadlines for deliverables and work performed.
- Oversees, evaluates and monitors on-the-job performance of staff.
- Trains, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports.
- Interviews perspective employees seeking employment within the department and provides recommendation to the Principal Investigator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written communication skills for executive-level correspondence and reporting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to present to large audiences
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent service
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must have knowledge and experience with the collection and data management of MRI imaging and genetics data.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities and skills shown by successfully leading teams/groups in projects, work assignments, policy updates, etc is required.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate self-directed and rational problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate authority.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship and establish the highest level of integrity with others to coordinate work in order to meet objectives.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Three years of relevant work experience required.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.