Our people are foundational to our strategy- they are not 'resources' that we leverage! Our People team (formerly Human Resources) partners with leaders to engage and attract high performing, diverse, entrepreneurial talent. We continuously challenge ourselves to be BOLD in our thinking, design and delivery of people solutions that enable our people to be the best that they can be and drive exceptional ResMed success.
Let's talk about the team and you:
You will be working within the People team and in partnership with the Executive sponsor for the ResMed BIDs (Belonging, Inclusion and Diversity for success) program, this role will develop effective belonging, inclusion & diversity (BIDs) strategies that focus on influencing behaviour and changing practices at an individual, team and organisational level. This role will support ResMed's people and culture programs, enabling the organization to attract, engage and retain employees while developing diverse talent pipelines with different backgrounds, experiences and thought, and building a global workplace where all employees know they can do their best work and be their unique selves.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
Position Specific Skills:
- You will be responsible for building an enterprise wide D&I strategy and program following a review of existing state at ResMed compared to external best practices
- You are a trusted advisor to the Chief People Officer, and executive leadership, and People Leadership Team (PLT) on how to best communicate with and engage employees on D&I, to increase awareness of leadership behavior and the deeply held assumptions and biases which may exist in our business today
- You will research and advise on external diversity & inclusion trends and best practice
- You will partner with Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or employee-run affinity groups to drive membership, garner feedback and support an inclusive environment
- You will partner with People Business Partners, People Centres of Excellence, ERGs and business leaders on the implementation of strategies, tools and communications that promote D&I initiatives that support the development of a diverse workforce
- You will evaluate existing policies and practices and make recommendations for change that support the cultural shifts necessary to provide an inclusive work environment for all our people
- You will cultivate and maintain relationships with key external diversity organisations and vendors, with the intention of working together and improving employer brand
- You will support and guide the Talent Acquisition team to help create a brand that appeals to diverse applicants and remove biases from hiring practices
- You will guide content creation, and editing of internal and external D&I communication materials
- You will develop toolkits to support business leaders and the wider People team to facilitate D&I dialogue
- You will aggregate and analyse employee demographic data and conduct research on data findings
- You will develop and evaluate metrics that measure the success of program initiatives; prepare summary reports, dashboards and recommendations based on analytical insights for review with key stakeholders
- You will create, maintain and disseminate resources in a variety of formats across all levels of the organization
Let's talk about Qualifications and Experience
- You are passionate about diversity & inclusion and deepening a culture of belonging, driving meaningful results that positively impact our people, leaders and customers
- You possess exemplary project management skills with ability to oversee and deliver across multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have demonstrated interpersonal savvy and influencing skills - you build rapport, you listen, are approachable and relate well to others, builds constructive relationships to drive change through others
- You have demonstrated success in using data/insights to develop and evolve people and culture strategies and programs
- You have the ability to build and manage project plans, engagement plans, roadmaps and dashboards.
- You have awareness of global and cultural differences, barriers and methods to remove or overcome challenges
- You possess a strong understanding of diversity & inclusion within a corporate environment
- You have demonstrated experience in Diversity & Inclusion or closely-related field
- Your experience includes working with Employee Resource Groups or other volunteer groups
- You have past demonstrated experience with relationship management and partnering with multiple stakeholders
- Your experience includes delivering projects for large, global, cross-functional audiences
- You have a strong understanding of change management and engagement
Joining us is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It's discovering a career that's challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!