ECS is seeking a Systems Engineer to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Experience in analysis and design of business applications for complex large-scale computer systems via different methodologies and approaches to system lifecycle management.
- Requires specialized subject matter expertise in:
- Operating systems and related system software for computers in a large multi-user environment;
- The characteristics, capabilities, and uses of operating system components and related vendor supplies and software packages;
- Software systems including coding and assembly level, procedural and non-procedural, and job control languages;
- Operating and database systems and teleprocessing systems;
- As well as extensive directly related and progressive experience.
- Knowledge is applied to research and evaluation significant impact or consequence involving highly specialized and technical areas impacting recommendations and development of new policies, procedures and services.
- BS Degree and 4+ years IT experience, as described below -- OR-- Formal IT Certification Equivalent and 6+ years IT experience, as described below
- Experience planning major technology assignments and recommends major changes affecting project growth and success;
- Experience applying technical expertise across multiple project assignments;
- Complete experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) support, coding application logic via various programming languages and Integrated Development Environments (IDE), and deploying applications via various Application Server platforms;
- Experience handling multiple tasks, changing priorities, and timely action;
- Experience in the design and analysis of computer information systems;
- Experience managing local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) and network availability;
- Experience supporting systems engineering work such as network, production, hardware, software, movile, telecommunications, cloud, DevOps, DevSecOps, API, and application modeling;
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Agile project management
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.