Are you an exceptional supply chain professional who enjoys evaluating long-term capacity requirements and optimization opportunities while using supply chain network modelling and visualization tools, designing and building Llamasoft workflows/macros and collaborating with site asset planning and global network/ brand strategy leads? If so, this role would be a phenomenal fit for you!
At AstraZeneca, we are an equal opportunity employer that puts patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, a team leader, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
We work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Senior Manager, Capacity Planning and Network Modeling is based in Gaithersburg, MD. Our campus employs more than 3,500 specialists in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most ground breaking technology and lab spaces, all crafted to encourage teamwork and cross-functional science. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while growing teamwork between teams. We are dedicated to crafting a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Global Supply Chain & Strategy - Network Strategy group drives the development of the overall Network strategy including evaluating the evolution of our global supply chain footprint and our sourcing strategy on whether to manufacture internally or use contract manufacturers. The group evaluates pipeline and growth technologies and collaborates with R&D, Global Engineering, Therapeutic Area teams, Brand Leads, and key strategic sites. In addition to delivering a network purpose built for the new technologies and products, the group also evaluates our mature portfolio and impact on network as volumes change and products are divested.
In this role, you will plan and evaluate long-term capacity requirements and optimization opportunities (3-10 years) to support major supply chain design decisions and capital expenditures at internal sites. Play a key role in driving Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru and Data Guru capability execution to support long-term capacity planning. Collaborate with site planning leads and global network / supply strategy directors to establish baseline and scenario plans. Support the delivery of the Ops2020 strategy by implementing an improved enterprise wide long-term network and capacity planning process.
What you will do:
- Deliver annual strategic capacity planning refresh process for sites in your scope
- Recommend guidance on mid- to long-term capacity bottlenecks, relevant capital investment options and risks
- Function as SME for capacity planning toolset (Llamasoft Data Guru, Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru)
- Collaborate with site planning leads and strategy leads to establish baseline and scenario plans validated by appropriate governance
- Ensure that the capacity model outputs provide a reliable baseline capacity based on agreed supply chain design and network strategy principles
- Execute "what if" scenario simulations using different demand and capacity assumptions and inputs
- Own, maintain and enhance standard reporting dashboards and be able to deliver multiple visualization slices based on stakeholder requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Life Sciences, Business or Engineering
- Minimum of six years of work experience in relevant field
- Experience with supply chain network modelling and visualization tools - specifically Llamasoft SCG/DG and Power BI
- Experience designing/building Llamasoft Data Guru workflows/macros, and using database technologies/SQL Server
- Experience extracting usable data from large and complex datasets, cleaning and validating data
- Experience working with stakeholders to design/build appropriate Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru models
- Adept at using advanced analytic tools with experience of undertaking complex analysis to support business decisions
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management techniques
- Supply planning experience
- Adept at working cross-functionally in a collaborative manner and able to engage with and influence a wide spectrum of stakeholders
- Operate with high degree of autonomy in matrix environment
- Results driven and combined with a quantitative outlook with ability to prioritize, motivate and lead
- Ability to travel as required
- Master's degree in Engineering, Operations Management or MBA
- Prior experience in Strategy/ Operations Consulting and Analytics
- Relevant Professional Certification
- Experience of working in a global organization with complex/geographical context
- Experience with data sciences, statistical analysis and network optimization modelling
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teamsNext Steps - Apply today!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours. Curious to know more, then please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well-qualified for this opportunity. Know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.Find out more on Social Media:
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This job has expired.