Under general supervision, the Military Senior Guest Advisor provides outstanding guest service experiences using elements of GameStop's Buy-Sell-Trade Model, The Circle of Life, and Solution Selling techniques. This position ensures products are easy to see and buy, shares product and gaming knowledge with guests, provides a clean, organized environment in which to shop, and creates guest loyalty and repeat business. This position will also assist the store management team in supervising store activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Selling Passion: Enjoy active selling, including exploring and creating guest needs and closing the sale. Utilize GameStop's Solution Selling Tablet to serve each guest's needs. Demonstrate a passion for exceeding goals.
- Provide world-class guest service: promptly greet guests, respond to guest questions/concerns quickly, effectively and courteously, assist guests with meeting their video gaming needs, inform guests of special promotions, trade-in program, recommend additional items as appropriate, and thank every guest for shopping at GameStop; prioritize guests over tasks and demonstrate that commitment by circulating throughout the store, to assist them
- Promptly process accurate guest purchases/return transactions via Point-of-Sale (POS) computer system
- Respond to guest comments or questions in person or on the phone; answer phone calls promptly, courteously and professionally
- Assist with supervising staffing levels to achieve optimum guest service at all times and ensure that best in class guest service is consistently provided
- Solution Selling Focus: Drive sales and guest loyalty by creating complete, lasting guest solutions. Demonstrate unique interest in every guest. Ask questions and makes recommendations in order to make technology easier and more affordable for every guest.
- Promote GameStop's unique guest benefits: new title reservations program and Power Up Rewards guest loyalty program.
- Team Support: Demonstrate a selfless commitment to others on the store team, including schedule and activity-based dependability, continuous improvement, and responding effectively to feedback. Actively seeks opportunities to contribute at higher level of service to the business, the guests, and others on the team.
- Assist with supervising Game Advisors to achieve optimum guest service at all times and ensure that world‐class guest service is consistently provided.
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to the Assistant Store Leader concerning staff performance and address as directed.
- Assist the Assistant Store Leader with training store associates in all aspects of their job responsibilities, including company/store policies procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of associate and guest safety; identify and immediately address potentially hazardous situations.
- Operational Agility: Respond rapidly, accurately, and consistently to all of the operational requirements essential for creating exceptional and profitable guest experiences in a consistently clean, neat, and well organized store.
- Assist managers with store inventory counts, stocking/restocking of merchandise on shelves and fixtures, and moving product from the stock room to the front of the store to ensure that all products in the store are represented, organized, and alphabetized on the selling floor
- Assist store team in meeting sales, profit and shrink goals and accomplish administrative and operational duties set by Store Leader
- Count, balance and reconcile daily business transaction totals correctly and accurately in the POS system
- Ensure that the Playbook and all closeout paperwork for daily business transactions and bank deposit slips are completed correctly and accurately; assist management to ensure store has sufficient cash and change for sales transactions; make bank deposits daily per established guidelines
- Check shipments for discrepancies/shortages and record any discrepancies in the POS system
- Visually inspect associates' and managers' packages and/or belongings at store closing or at the end of a shift
- Supervise and delegate tasks to Game Advisors in absence of management
- Verify Game Advisors' hours worked for the week and accurately close out the payroll week in absence of management.
- Building Guest Loyalty - Effectively meets guest's needs; builds productive guest relationships; takes responsibility for guest satisfaction and loyalty
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Guest Focus - Makes guests and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive guest relationships; seeks to understand and educate guests on product; takes action to meet guest needs and concerns
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocates task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individual's effectiveness
- Energy - Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustains long working hours when necessary; operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over periods of time
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- At least 1 year of retail sales, guest service, and/or management experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Video game knowledge preferred
- * Must be able to bend, stoop, reach with arms / hands, climb on ladders, and lift merchandise weighing up to 20 lbs. from ground level to minimum height of 4 feet
- Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted for up to 10 hours
- Must have transportation to make bank deposits as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient guest service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English; bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to operate POS computer system and properly complete required paperwork
- Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Working knowledge of alphabetizing
- Proficient self-motivation and ability to work as a team to complete necessary tasks in a timely manner
- Proficient problem solving skills and judgment abilities
- Proficient ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deliver bank deposits according to loss prevention safety guidelines
- Ability to work extended hours/days as necessary, including Sundays
- Ability to remain effective under pressure; ability to handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities