We are seeking an IT Support Technician I to join us at Helen of Troy in El Paso, TX or Marlborough, MA. Make an impact supporting world-class brands including our 8 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, PUR, Hot Tools, Drybar. Our outstanding products elevate people's lives everywhere, every day.
*This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices reopen in El Paso, TX or Marlborough, MA. Once our offices reopen, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
To provide end-users, local and remote, technical support of desktop and laptop hardware and software. Research, analyses, and diagnoses problems with client systems including PC hardware and software, servers, peripheral equipment, and networks.
What you'll be doing
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Installs, configures, upgrades, and troubleshoots computer software and hardware, including PC and Mac workstations, servers and peripherals, and network and voice cabling
- Assists in managing regularly used servers and services including e-mail, print and back-up servers, and their associated operating systems and software
- Creates and maintains user accounts, passwords, groups, mail aliases, and other system and network files
- Supports, maintains, administers, and troubleshoots network WAN and VPN connectivity
- Identifies and implements technologies and methods of using existing software to help users work more efficiently
- Initiates and/or has field contact with vendor support to resolve technical problems or make improvements with desktop computing equipment and software, servers, and software
- Infrastructure support to include: building and installing cables; running plant cabling; researching, learning, and evaluating new software; and documenting systems
- Provides routine maintenance to include: installing and configuring new computers and telephones; repairing and upgrading PC and Mac hardware and software; troubleshooting printers, scanners, and copiers; maintains inventory of equipment and supplies; schedules regularly for server upgrades; and provides day-to-day operation of back-up systems including rotation of back-up tapes
- Supports end-user issues such as: diagnosing hardware and software problems, training faculty and staff, and using IT support request system to document, prioritize, and track requests
- Establish and enforce incident response service level agreements in consultation with end users in the business to establish incident resolution expectations and timeframes
- Analyze performance of incident management activities and documented resolutions, identify problems, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems
- Regularly iterate on the incident management process using data gathered about the frequency and severity of incidents
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- Coordinate the transfer to the problem management process where necessary
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledgebases, and FAQ resources on the internet to aid in problem resolution
- Track and analyze trends in incident reports and generate statistical reports
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on incident trends and make recommendations
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users
- Provides regular business hour, after hour, and weekend/holiday on-call support for all systems
- BTEC/A 'Levels or equivalent and specialized or technical training
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required in a technical role
- Experience supporting remote users and offices
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing computer hardware. Experience in a Citrix/Terminal server environment preferred
- Working knowledge of computer and printer hardware
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications required
- Good multi-tasking and teamwork skills
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint (MOSS), etc.
- Ownership and orientation to the results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Customer service oriented
- ServiceNow experience a plus
- Experience with reporting tools a plus
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action EmployerQualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.