Title: Associate Director, Respiratory Marketing (Biologics)
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
With a breakthrough, first-in-class respiratory biologic in late development, AstraZeneca is looking for talented, agile professionals to help drive a world-class launch and substantially improve the lives of patients with severe uncontrolled asthma.
To succeed in the ever-changing global marketplace, strong multi-channel communications skills and a keen patient focus are critical. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced marketer with a passion for helping patients and harnessing the potential of digital marketing to join our team and help bring this breakthrough therapy to global markets.
The successful Associate Director candidate will have a solid foundation in pharmaceutical marketing and become a key contributor to the global launch program. Key responsibilities include developing and executing a comprehensive digital brand strategy, building a high impact patient activation strategy, and delivering on key elements of the multichannel launch program. The Associate Director will also contribute to other strategic and operational deliverables such as internal communications and other go-to-market requirements. A strong ability to collaborate with the cross-functional commercial and project teams, as well as with regional commercial leaders and our collaboration partner will be essential to success.
What you'll do:
- Lead the development and launch of omni-channel marketing and digital marketing strategy
- Develop and implement a patient-centric insight plan to inform requirements for patient support in key markets at launch
- Develop and drive best in class patient experience platform and patient engagement strategies
- Build plans to leverage key patient reported outcomes (PRO) data at launch and incorporate insights into marketing plans
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders to foster strong relationships with patient advocacy teams, and support community engagement
- Collaborate on a patient centric device strategy for launch, possibly to include naming, messaging, packaging, channel prioritization. Support development of market specific launch, education and access strategies
- Provide patient-centric input to the global brand strategy plan, therapeutic area strategy and other strategic processes
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop strong internal communications plans to help energize and activate the organization
- Manage critical elements of marketing operations including planning for critical meetings and budget management
- Develop strong alliances with Clinical, Medical Affairs, Business Insights, Pricing and Market Access, Communications and Publications, providing input to cross-functional planning and programs
- Demonstrate leadership and agility as role will grow as the team expands and in line with the candidate's professional development plan
- Education: BA/BS is required. An advanced degree (MBA or PhD) is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in pharmaceutical marketing and related roles with demonstrated results in new product launches.
- Biologics and/or respiratory experience is strongly preferred
- Strong strategic thinking, decision making, and problem solving
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills, including ability to influence without authority and collaboration
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Proven teamwork ability, routinely facilitating the exchange of ideas
- Demonstrated ability to bring ideas to action
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=enSo, what's next!
- If you are interested, please apply.