The Machine Operator is responsible for operating machine tools. This includes the following duties and any other job related task deemed necessary by the supervisor. This position will be joining the Kollmorgen team in Radford, VA. Kollmorgen is part of Altra.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate parts/fixtures as necessary to establish location of holes and other reference points.
- Perform first piece inspections and initiate the RED TAG/DMRO process as required.
- Operate at least one machine tool such as CNC lathe, machining center, Drill press, VQC, Precision Grinder, Punch Press, Laser Operator, or related manual equipment.
- Check feeds and speeds necessary to machine parts, maintain constant check to ensure adherence to close tolerance and co-related dimensions on shoulders, diameters, bore faces, slot grooves and high degree of squareness, concentricity and parallelism.
- Sharpen and replace ordinary tooling and replace tooling that has become dull.
- Detect and report to coordinator any defective material or other unusual conditions.
- Lubricate and clean equipment used.
- Dispose of scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations.
- Keep work area clean and orderly, and observe prescribed safety precautions at all times.
- Coordinate with other machine operators and supervisor.
- Set up of equipment for operations and perform minor repairs, adjustments, and calibrations as required.
- Provide maintenance on operations machines on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Associate's degree or diploma in Machine Technology or related is preferred.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of trigonometry mathematics; use of drawings, specifications, charts, tables, formulas, adjustable measuring instruments; posting, preparation, interpretation, use and checking of reports, forms, records, and related.
- Basic NC program knowledge or the ability to learn programming.
- Ability to use inspection tools and gauges.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings with very little help from supervisor.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of setups, operations, and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods.
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving skills to identify alternative and correct solutions.
- Self-motivated and capable of completing tasks without supervision and within time limits.
- Must be able to maintain very close tolerances (.0003 or better).
- Requires a very high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Work-related hazards include using machines/tools to cut metal and working with chemicals. Working on the plant floor requires wearing common protective and safety equipment. Physical Demands:
The physical demands are necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be trained to operate an overhead crane and other lifting equipment.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
This job has expired.