Req ID: 207079
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC, a CRH Company, is located in southern West Virginia employing more than 100 employees during the construction months. As a stone producer with multiple locations located in the central and southeastern areas of West Virginia, Appalachian Aggregates, LLC supplies stone for ready-mix concrete, asphalt pavement, roadways, commercial buildings, as well as the private markets. Appalachian Aggregates, LLC prides itself on its ability to provide services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH Americas family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH Americas. CRH Americas is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
This person is responsible for dispatch functions, coordinating with sales department, shipping, receiving, customer, delivery truck services, and logistics operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and assist customers and visitors.
- Schedule & coordinate local sales.
- Communicate between customers, trucking supervisor, and mine superintendent.
- Answer and transfer phone calls.
- Take and relay messages.
- Direct customers to correct destination.
- Be courteous, polite, and helpful to customers and visitors at all times.
- Tidy and maintain office area.
- Must be organized and multitask oriented.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent telephone etiquettes.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to interact effectively and in supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds.
- Active team member.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass drug screen "Fit to Work" physical, and criminal background.
- Must partner with other quarry employees as instructed by facility manager to ensure daily schedules are met.
- Attendance required according to attendance policy to ensure crew ability to operate at a normal efficiency level.
- Physical ability to operate equipment under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completions.
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintain courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work various times during day, night, or weekend hours at various locations.
- Ability to follow MSHA/OSHA safety guidelines as well as those set forth by the company policy.
- Ability to follow instructions of supervisor/facility manager in order to adhere to company policies, safety guidelines.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- College preferred but not required.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Blacksburg Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Shipping and Receiving, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.