Perform Coordinate Measuring Machine CMM programming and precision mechanical inspection of machined parts and incoming materials to verify compliance to specification. Seeking an experienced CMM programmer / operator who can operate a Zeiss CMM and program in Calypso or has the aptitude to learn. Candidate must have the ability to write new or run existing programs. In addition, candidate must have a working knowledge of GD&T application. The candidate will support Quality, Engineering, and Purchasing with measurements and will need to interact with suppliers and customers as needed.
1. Must be able to prioritize, schedule, and complete projects in a timely manner.
2. Must have the ability to read blueprints to determine dimensions / tolerances based on GD&T callouts.
3. Must be able to write and execute CMM programs to obtain accurate part measurements relative to print requirements.
4. Must have ability to set up graphical outputs to aid in interpretation of measurement results.
5. Work with Engineering and Technical services groups to set up programs to obtain data for problem analysis.
6. Work with supplier, customer, and plant measurement experts to get same measurement results on same part.
7. The individual must be familiar with probe calibrations and probe storage/ module racks.
8. Inspect incoming purchased parts for compliance to specifications.
9. Review Supplier PPAP packages to determine compliance to specifications and requirements.
10. Fill out and file required reports, logs, databases, forms and documents.
11. Evaluate and process returned goods (RGA's).
12. Design and complete MSA studies.
13. Perform additional related duties as assigned. This may include gage calibrations and document revisions and control.
Education and Training:
• High School Diploma and/or GED required, Associate degree preferred.
• Welding or Weld inspection skills - CWI preferred.
• External Quality Certifications - ASQ preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in manufacturing environment.
• Visual inspection experience required.
• Excellent knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T required.
• The ability to train other associates to program and operate CMM.
• Ability to correctly use and interpret basic measuring tools is required, including calipers, micrometers, scales, surface tester, thread gages, microscope, gage pins, gage standards, joe blocks and feeler gages.
• Frequent standing required as operator of CMM.
• Moderate sitting, work at computer for extended periods of time.
• Exposure to R&D lab and manufacturing setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact with fellow employees, suppliers, and customers in a professional manner.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.