The Mueller Company is headquartered in Atlanta, GA and manufactures valves for water and gas systems, including iron gate, butterfly, tapping, check, plug, and ball valves, as well as dry-barrel and wet-barrel fire hydrants; pipe repair products, such as clamps and couplings used to repair leaks, as well as municipal castings, including manhole covers and street drain grates; and residential and commercial water meter products and systems. It also offers metering, leak detection, pipe condition assessment, and other products and services for the water infrastructure industry, as well as provides installation, replacement, and maintenance services on new and existing valves, fire hydrants, and service lines.
Mueller Company in Albertville, AL has an immediate opening for a dedicated manufacturing engineer and member of a key manufacturing process team who will develop, define and lead implementation through study, method changes, and process improvements of methods and procedures in manufacturing to meet operational excellence goals and objectives. Additionally, this position will be responsible for designing and implementing methods for controlling manufacturing costs on equipment, analyzing data for reducing costs, provide specialized engineering services to all department centers and assisting departments in accomplishment of cost reduction goals.
- Work with department employees, team leads and supervisor to increase efficiency, production and process improvements.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of machine design, machine parameters, product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials; conferring with vendors and soliciting observations from plant operators.
- Design, draw and model solutions which will include machine spec, fabrication etc. Develop work-scope.
- Work with outside vendors for design and solutions. Evaluate design and solutions to meet requirements. Maintain minutes of meeting (memo).
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services, following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures and requesting special services as needed.
- Develop critical part list for new equipment. Develop stocking plan for critical parts.
- Provide manufacturing decision making information through calculating production, labor and material costs, reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements.
- Collect, analyze and summarize data, information and trends to prepare product and process reports. Maintain product and process data through identified computer programs.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency through analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Support engineering, manufacturing, and quality assurance by providing data and information and answering questions and providing solutions as requested.
- Implement new systems and procedures as designed. Implement and maintain molding parameters to successfully run the products.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, then testing finished product and process capabilities and establishing standards to confirm the manufacturing process and results.
- Root cause analysis for defects. Reduce scrap.
- Utilize FMEA, DFMEA and DOE's to drive continuous improvement in manufacturing and engineering processes.
- Study product requirements and develop processes through researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment and conferring with equipment manufacturers.
- Develop and mentor staff and technicians and provide strong developmental support.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participation in related professional organizations.
- Direct efforts to meet and/or exceed compliance with all regulatory bodies, organizations and government requirements in the performance of position duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Knowledge of automation and robotic applications preferred.
- Strong leadership, communications and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of employees, customers and outside professionals.
- Knowledge dealing with complex manufacturing situations, hardware specifications, quality standards, product development, CAD/CAM and technical specifications.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma tools.
- Outstanding PC/Systems knowledge and skills.
- Experience with capital projects scope development, justification and management. Project management (PMP) is plus.
- Experience with design and specification of heavy manufacturing equipment (preferred).
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sexual orientation, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship status and creed.
This job has expired.