Join us as Program Manager, Home Environment at our Health & Home office in Marlborough, MA. Our outstanding products elevate people's lives everywhere, every day.
This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices reopen in Marlborough. Once our Marlborough, MA office reopens, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
As a program manager, you will be responsible for leading the successful delivery of projects that drive our strategic direction and goals. You are the cross-functional leader of your program team and you will drive accountability and engage the team to ensure the proper execution of our development objectives. Utilizing risk management techniques, you will equip your team with known issues, identify potential parallel paths, and guide them to address unknown risks in a way that mitigates impact to our time to market and effectively communicates our action plan to the executive leadership team.
What you'll be doing
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Work closely with a cross-functional global team. Communicate to team effectively on program schedule and progress.
- Take a lead role in scheduling and managing the development of new products
- Use New Product Development process to effectively drive program progress
- Drive and maintain multiple program schedules and budgets up to date and report status of projects on a regular basis
- Responsible for technical feasibility assessment, program scoping, and program budget and schedule
- Will manage others to ensure product documentation and specifications are available to support timely procurement
- Provide technical solutions as needed and conduct design reviews
- Maintain readily-accessible Project History Files
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university. Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing projects. Consumer products or small appliance industry experience preferred.
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Medical device experience is a plus
- Basic knowledge of injection molding
- Possess pro-active attitude and provide leadership, project management and teamwork skills to interact with a cross-functional global team and direct them in achieving assigned goals and objectives
- Ability to handle multiple projects while remaining flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated delivery of projects within budget and schedule constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to direct/devise engineering tests if needed
- Strong communication skills including ability to provide concise and accurate direction on projects
- Ability to identify issues, assess technical and project alternatives and risks, and implement solutions while keeping the projects on track
- Working experience of electrical or electronic field is a plus; having a basic mechanical and electrical knowledge of common consumer products such as Fans, Humidifiers and Electric Heaters
- Working knowledge of small appliance manufacturing, preferably in Asia and/or Mexico
- Basic understanding of UL, CSA, and European compliance requirements
- Basic knowledge of FDA, ISO 13485, and DHF requirements for 510k exempt medical devices is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Project
- Travel is required
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
.Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action EmployerQualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.