Job ID: 224280
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently seeking night shift maintenance technicians to become part of our maintenance team. The ideal candidate will be dependable, timely, and work well in a team environment while maintaining a positive attitude. Starting salary is $27.00/ hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Electrical and mechanical plant maintenance including the repair and installation of machinery and equipment as assigned and directed by supervisor
- Ensure plant equipment is operating within the appropriate operating capabilities
- Troubleshoot to determine appropriate repairs including the replacement of defective parts
- Assemble, install, test, and inspect machines and equipment as needed
- Assist with the completion of all required preventative and routine maintenance of equipment and machinery
- Assist in upgrading equipment including fabrication of parts
- Maintain a documented record of all repairs and materials
- All other duties as assigned
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures, including Critical Safety Rules, are essential functions of your job Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job Requirements
- Available to work off shifts--initial training during 1st shift and upon completion of training the employee will work night shift and every other Saturday
- Experience operating grinders; drill press; saws; lathes; milling machines; misc. machines; alter and repair fixtures and tools; sharpening tools.
- Knowledge and comprehension of English including reading, writing, and speaking
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Maintenance Technician or similar role
- Industrial electrical experience required
- Sufficient visual acuity to read machine and equipment blueprints, plant layout, equipment manuals and schematics
- Ability to diagnose and repair electric, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to fabricate repair parts using machine shop equipment
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations as defined by OSHA and the company
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must:
- Be able to wear all required safety equipment to include safety boots with metatarsal guards
- Be able to walk, stand, climb, bend, crouch, and work in a factory environment as many as 10 or more hours per day
- Be able to lift up to 75 lbs. while moving, climb stairs and ladders as high as 100 feet, and work in confined spaces
- Withstand repetitive motion of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Only online applications accepted
- Must include total work history
- Pre-employment background & drug screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- Glass manufacturing equipment experience a plus
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Philadelphia Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Maintenance Mechanic, Mechanic, Maintenance, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations