Looking for a way to make an impact and help people?
Join PacificSource and help our members access quality, affordable care!
PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Diversity and Inclusion: PacificSource values the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and fostering a workplace in which individual differences are appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths.
Position Overview: Support the development, research, implementation, and maintenance of products, annual state filings, group and individual materials, custom language in benefit materials, and IT system builds, testing, and implementation of materials. Responsible for reviewing, compiling, coordinating, and communicating benefits and eligibility for potential, new, and renewing group and individual products. Write coding specifications, and map new, changing, or custom products and materials. Confirm accuracy and meet legal deadlines to ensure compliance and to support other departments in providing customer service.
- Develop and maintain group and individual materials from pre-filing through post-implementation for all states commercial products, ensuring consistency in language, compliance with state and federal regulations, and PacificSource policies, ensuring ability to administer in PSE, Exstream and other supporting systems.
- Create benefit materials for filings with states' insurance divisions. Prepare initial documents, manage multi-department workflows, and organize materials for the filing process. Continue to manage materials through state objections to finalization of filing.
- Coordinate with staff from other areas to ensure needed variations are included in custom filings.
- Develop and maintain language and coding specifications for fully insured standard and custom handbooks, summaries, contracts, and SBCs in Exstream, PSE, Excel, Adobe Professional, and/or Word. Distribute for website, InTouch, RFPs, and state filings. Coordinate with Communications on collateral pieces for books.
- Set-up and communicate new and changing benefit plan designs and new eligibility styles.
- Set-up and maintain plan profiles, document profiles, and other coding in PSE. Map and implement triggers for Exstream. Coordinate with IT for Exstream coding, testing, and implementation.
- Test and assist with the development of PSE and Exstream upgrades prior to production release. Act as lead to ensure all functional areas test the systems that affect their areas.
- Support the product filing process by reviewing and auditing forms, entering product and plan information into templates for the annual product filing.
- Document and track information related to products, plans, and benefit changes for commercial products.
- Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Two years insurance industry experience, and in a position that required research, presentations, and effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines.Education, Certificates, Licenses:
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. BA/BS preferred.Knowledge:
Strong working knowledge of state and federal laws affecting group health insurance. Thorough knowledge of PacificSource products, contracts, and workflow. Understanding of general underwriting risk concepts. Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Consistently helpful, confident, and pleasant with internal and external customers. Consistently and effectively pays attention to detail, produces high quality work in a timely manner, and strives to increase production without sacrificing quality. Handle sensitive issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.Competencies
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Building Trust
- Continuous Improvement
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Work Standards
Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required approximately less than 5% of the time.Our Values
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for customer service.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our many communities-internally and externally.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively.Disclaimer:
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position and is subject to change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at all times.
This job has expired.