PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
As a member of the Support Services Dept., the primary purpose of the Central Transporter position is to transport patients and charts (following HIPAA Security Guidelines) throughout the BVRHC campus. This position also entails occasional pick-up and delivery of specimens, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Duty 1: Transports patients, associated charts and necessary equipment to and from various patient service departments in a timely, professional and courteous manner to ensure all hospital values are demonstrated through a 'service excellence' approach and to provide efficient patient flow. This includes being up to date with pertinent policies and procedures.
- Duty 2: Accurately utilizes the internal SRC and pager system to ensure continuous patient flow information is communicated to the correct patient service departments via the SRC associates.
- Duty 3: Prepares wheel chairs, stretchers and oxygen, following established policies and procedures, to ensure constant availability for patient needs. This includes maintaining supplies and equipment in good working order to ensure an efficient transport function.
- Duty 4: Demonstrates an understanding of the general functions of the various patient service departments and consistently monitors the need for oxygen and other equipment to be utilized by the patient during transport to and from these departments.
- Duty 5: Possess the skill sets necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient, assess data reflecting the patient's status and interpret this information to ensure the patient's requirements are identified and provided in a courteous and professional manner.
- Duty 6: Exercise good judgment in potential problem situations and communicate pertinent information to the Logistics Supervisor in a timely manner to ensure excellent communication flow within the department. This includes attendance at department meetings whenever practical and active participation in continuous improvement efforts aimed at enhancing quality of service and patient care.
- Proven ability to read, write, speak English, follow written and oral instructions, and perform basic mathematical functions.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to work well within a team environment; by accepting and offering honest and constructive feedback; by supporting team goals and encouraging other team members; and by collaborating with patient care team members to consolidate work, solve problems, create new methods and /or reduce costs.
- Ability to be self-directed in executing responsibilities within a team structure.
- Ability to take initiative to contribute beyond the scope of formal duties (i.e. suggesting innovative ideas and providing feedback on a team's direction).
- Shows flexibility/adaptability in meeting environmental constraints and demands placed on services.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time, frequent pushing, pulling and lifting of patients, cleaning equipment, and materials.
- CPR certification required within 60 days of hire.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalent desirable
- Experience in health care or public contact desirable
Requires a full range of body motion with continuous activity in walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling and standing. This position requires an individual to lift 50 pounds occasionally, and 35 pounds frequently, and push patients in wheelchairs (100-350 lbs). Must be able to reach work above the shoulders. Associate must have good eye/hand coordination to push, pull and perform simple grasping tasks and fine manipulation. Associate must have excellent verbal skills to interview patients. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Associate must have excellent verbal skills.This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.
This job has expired.