The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com , and follow NASCAR on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , and Snapchat ('NASCAR').
NASCAR Productions seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Broadcast Engineer based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This person is responsible for the productions operating system and overseeing the technical aspects of live productions. They are tasked with working in a post/live facility in order to service the engineering needs of clients involved in the live production of radio and television shows.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Required skills / experience:
- Manage the day to day engineering duties and maintenance of equipment on live shows
- Build and program live shows
- Configure and patch connections between microphones, amplifiers, fiber transmitters, telephone lines, and auxiliary power supplies to relay broadcast material to master control
- Test and troubleshoot equipment prior to broadcast
- Lead team with the responsibility of parts, inventories, cable pulling, equipment installation and integration
- Run and maintain control room, studios and other parts of the Broadcast facility
- Switcher programming, audio console programming, intercom programming, and other necessary live broadcast programming
- Maintain communication channels in case of problems or broadcast interruptions
- Provide technical support for the IT and other Engineering Departments
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of broadcast engineering and transmissions experience
- Experience with satellite provider, television stations, and/or remote mobile unit company preferred
- Proficient in both PC and MAC platforms
- Knowledge of RTS Intercom systems, Evertz or similar HD Video and audio routers, and knowledge of Grass Valley production switchers
- Knowledge of Audinate Dante and Telos Axia audio networks
- Strong understanding of how IT interacts with broadcast areas and the ability to work thru basic system issues
- Knowledge of broadcast equipment such as scopes, routers, camera systems, multi-viewer monitor systems, EVS, etc.
- Strong IT knowledge base as it relates to the broadcast world
- Ability to travel up to 30%, including weekends
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.