The Regional Mobile Manager (RMM) will report to the Division Maintenance Services Manager (MSM). The individual will serve as a Dealer liaison to support operations and align equipment life strategy. The Regional Mobile Manager will quantify financial merit of various improvement initiatives for selected business units and maintain a database for tracking progress. The RMM will be challenged to identify potential maintenance and ownership cost savings outlined by the Operational Excellence Initiative for each District.
- Identify and coordinate Mobile equipment operation and maintenance training for operators, technicians and managers as outlined by the MSM/Operational Excellence Manager by EOY 2021.
- Collaborate with District Ops to implement Division mobile strategy - maintenance and operating standards throughout assigned territory.
- Work with District Leadership to establish and implement Mobile Equipment preventative maintenance standards. Empower Shop locations to create standard work protocols and adhere to housekeeping and organization best practices.
- Conduct educational shop audits and task observations as requested by District Ops and the MSM. Identify best practices and communicate those to the MSM for Division-wide distribution.
- Survey Oil samples and equipment alert analysis. Work with Plant/District Leadership to resolve issue. Generate RCA (Root Cause Analysis) and document follow-up actions. Provide this information to Maintenance Services Manager for review on a weekly basis.
- FPC and fleet performance analysis
- Coordinate after-market sale of idle assets as instructed by the MSM.
- Assist mine planning team with haulage plans as needed.
- Audit WO and PM history as needed to keep database up to date.
- Maintain database of large critical spare components and under-utilized yellow iron assets, and rental equipment.
- Scan Fleet performance data on a weekly basis in assigned territory and flag applications for inconsistencies. Communicate problematic trends to District Leadership.
- Provide District and Division Leadership with an accurate Mobile equipment replacement forecast by EOY 2021 and update/refine on an ongoing basis.
Required Education and Experience:
- Commit to a regimen of continuing education in key focus areas improving technical knowledge, group facilitation, industry-specific innovations and continuous improvement principles.
- Communicate with Supervisor and internal customers to determine priority tasks on a monthly basis.
- Overnight travel as required.
- Project Management as needed.
- Supporting Division departments and participation on committees as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of vocational training. Five to ten years of supervisory/management experience maintaining and repairing large mobile and/or fixed equipment fleets. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This job has expired.
- Extensive knowledge of MSHA regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of reliability centered maintenance principles and predictive maintenance technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of mining and processing equipment operations and maintenance.
- Proven knowledge of planning, managing resources, and project management
- Proven strong leadership and team building skills and a track record for creating employee ownership of safety, production, and quality.
- Excellent time management as well as planning skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Effective oral and written communication skills