The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of nursing is seeking a 100 % Medical Assistant II to work at the Women's Health Clinic - North Dodge .
Duties to include:
- Under direct supervision of physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or registered nurse,
- Performs technical, patient care and related clerical functions in an ambulatory setting.
- Duties may involve the use of electronic word/data processing equipment and/or conventional office equipment.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives. ® Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Certification or registration as a Medical Assistant or completion of a recognized one year Medical Assistant Program, or Completion of a health care profession program with a curriculum incorporating elements of a Medical Assistant program including but not limited to: pathophysiology, medical terminology, basic pharmacology and medication administration including dose calculation and psychology
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program accredited by ABHES or CAAHEP, graduation from a college with institutional accreditation by regional or national accrediting agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education, or LPN licensure is required.
- Medical Terminology
- Public Contact/Customer Service
- Certified Medical Assistant is preferred.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume
(under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position .
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact NursingHR@uiowa.edu.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Medical Assistant II
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Nursing HR
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org