We are seeking a Senior Magento 2 Web Developer to join us at Helen of Troy in El Paso, TX. Make an impact supporting world-class brands including our 8 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, PUR, Hot Tools, Drybar.
*This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our El Paso, TX office reopen. Once our office El Paso office reopens, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
What will I be doing?
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Back-End Development (PHP, MySQL)
- Website maintenance activities
- A/B Testing Software Development (Optimizely or Monetate)
- Develop and maintain Magento 2 and other core PHP based applications
- Database systems, interfaces & integrations
- eCommerce Technical Support
- Inter-departmental Collaboration/Projects
- Design, implement, maintain and support Magento development efforts
- Produce scalable, robust, high-quality code
- Develop technical documentation
- Gather and present technical strategy to primary stakeholders
- Work independently and as part of a team in implementing cutting edge ecommerce sites
- Test sites to ensure optimal usability and availability
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Meet stipulated deadlines
- Determine new product launches and merchandising
- Identify new opportunities for product advancement
- Develop automation processes to streamline implementations and improve workflows
- Development/testing/implementation of cross-functional projects that affect corporate and E-Commerce Platforms
- Provide feedback regarding technical requirements, timelines and software concerns
- Participate as a key part of the marketing team to ensure successful and timely technical implementations and process adhesion related to analysis, designs, development, rollout, and support of eCommerce applications and systems
- Manage metrics that are in place to monitor and measure software development projects, ongoing support & Maintenance activities
- Ensure optimal processes are in place to support software development and support activities
- Design and develop related applications, for example: dashboard reports, console applications, and ftp interfaces, etc.
- Setting up, configuring and optimizing enterprise level ecommerce software and servers
- Developing custom modules for integration into ERP, accounting, fulfillment and marketing systems
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly regarding accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies; keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects
- Bachelor's Degree or other 4-year Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field and/or 4 years equivalent work experience
- Professional experience in PHP development required
- Magento 2 programming experience; developing and integrating customized extensions into Magento applications
- AWS experience; maintaining and customizing AWS hosting environments
- Oracle experience
- Experience with Pagebuilder and BlueFoot is a must
- Experience working on eCommerce sites, HTML5, REST API development, CSS, GIT, XML, JSON, and LAMP stack
- Experience with Zend Framework, jQuery, prototype, responsive design and SOAP
- Strong database design, implementation, and query development
- Multi-website, store view deployment and mobile site development
- Knowledge of optimization, caching and scaling techniques
- In-depth knowledge of PCI compliance and other e-commerce industry topics
- Good understanding of Web analytics and SEO techniques
- Knowledge of data structures, design patterns, and algorithms and an ability to create modular, scalable, robust, and reusable code
- UI/UX design and A/B Testing Development experience
- Retail or direct to customer eCommerce industry experience required
- 2+ years of experience building scalable robust web or ecommerce applications
- Integration experience across multiple platforms and web applications
- Proven ability to use a systematic approach to problem solving, through problem analysis and alternative solution evaluation
- Ability to develop unique and novel solutions to issues, and present solutions in an engaging manner
- Strong communication skills: written, oral and presentation
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, team environment
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to take initiative and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting motivation and a sense of urgency
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action EmployerQualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.