At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Working with the Business Insight team, Sales Leaders and Marketing team, this role is accountable for developing and leading the collection, interpretation and integration of all aspects of data insight from a variety of analytics sources to inform and enhance decision making across the brand and customer Facing teams. This is a hands-on role that leads the synthesis of a variety of data and information into actionable opportunities.
You will leverage available tools and resources to provide insight and guidance based upon a deep knowledge of brands, sales, market environment and evolving health care systems, customers for the US Immuno-oncology franchise.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Identify business needs proactively and build research/analysis with foresight
* Conduct objective quantitative analyses and provide evaluation, interpretation, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
* Lead the integration of insight from a variety of sources to inform material decisions through the delivery of robust opportunity focused recommendations.
* Compile and analyze secondary marketing and/or sales data (including identification and appropriate use of data sources)
* Create insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
* Collaborate cross functionally with customer facing teams, internal insight colleagues, outsourced partners, and consultants as needed.
* Share insights and assessments across the Customer Insight team to identify synergies and a more consistent approach to performance and opportunity assessment
* Performance/KPI development, tracking, and best practice sharing across functions
* Bachelor's degree is preferred
* Pharmaceutical industry experience or management consulting experience, ideally in oncology is preferred
* Strong analytics capability / business acumen with ability to understand and interpret information from multiple sources.
* Good presentation skills with the ability to explain concepts or plans in a simple concise manner.
* Ability to perform market assessments (using multiple quantitative and qualitative sources) to translate data into actionable recommendations.
* Demonstrated knowledge of secondary data sources (IMS, Symphony, FlatIron, Integrichain, etc.)
* Comfort with ambiguity with the ability to challenge traditional thinking to solve problems.
* Ability to lead without authority
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate across groups of diverse backgrounds and skills
* Ability to provide informational and analytical support for leadership in a timely and effective manner through seamless integration with other members of Customer Insight.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Access
* Advanced Quantitative Degree (Statistics, Engineering, or Economics) or Advanced Degree (i.e. MBA)
* Experience with SAS/Base, SAS/Stat
* Experience in statistical analysis - ANOVA-ANCOVA, Regression analysis, Optimization and Simulation
* Experience in presenting to large teams with senior members
* Project/program management expertise.
* Pharmaceutical Sales Experience