Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
As directed, performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan.
- Pickup and Receive outbound packages from NIWC Customers. Pack the item in accordance with reference 2.2 and 2.15 and NIWC process and procedures. Work with the Transportation team in processing all paperwork through all applicable government databases and other applications as required.
- Process DD-1149 transportation documentation and verify for accuracy.
- HAZMAT Certifier related to shipments
- Provide continuous support for Hazardous materials (HM).
- Certify, Package, and Ship hazardous material within one (1) day of receipt of material IAW Defense Transportation Regulations, Part III, Appendix J.
- All received HM processed in RDS and delivered to the customer HAZMAT Center according to current guidelines
- Maintain Security and accountability of all material and equipment from receipt to delivery in all operational areas.
- May direct and coordinate the activities of other workers engaged in handling goods to be shipped or being received.
- Make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
There are no supervisory duties associated with this position. Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED require
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- One (1) year experience performing Hazmat certification functions related shipmen
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite products including, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook software.
- Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Security Clearance:
- Ability to acquire license to use Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Work Environment:
Works in shop/warehouse environment. Work involves repetitive motions and standing for long periods of time. Work is of a physical nature and requires the incumbent be able to lift 50 lbs overhead and/or repetitively. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
CDL, Class A + HAZMAT endorsement Security Clearance:
(Level May Be Required)
This job has expired.