- Design and install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment. Connect power, test and start up new equipment.
- Connect/disconnect power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects/disconnects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, control boards, and drives. Repairs/replaces damaged or broken components.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and see if the problem is electrical in nature.
- Replace faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and positions sensing devices.
- Diagnose and repair or replace faulty electronic components such as printed circuit boards.
- Replace electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
- Investigate and diagnose faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment and makes repairs in conjunction with mechanics, operators and supervision.
- Must be able to read and follow blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematic drawings.
- Take/monitor and document observations, settings, readings, meters, gauges as required.
- Install circuit breakers, equipment panels, transformers, and switchboards.
- Secure and complete required department work order documentation.
- Is responsible for housekeeping in his/her work area and general surroundings.
- Is responsible for Lock-Out-Tag-Out.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Tools and Equipment:
Electrical testing equipment and various hand tools common to the trade including screwdrivers, pliers, knives, saws, multi-meters, and test lamps.
Electrical wiring and components of various manufacture and design.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to walk/stand for 12 hours. Must be able to climb, stoop, bend, crawl, twist and turn for extended periods. Must be able to work on ladders, scaffolds, and confined areas. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion. Must have near visual acuity. Must possess hand/eye coordination and hand/finger dexterity to manipulate common hand tools, power tools, meters, and gauges. A tricycle is provided for employees to efficiently travel to various locations in the facility while transporting tools and machine parts.
This job has expired.