To maintain a safe and organized warehouse, help support installation and warranty service for our customers in a timely efficient and economical manner, consistent with our Mission Statement and CITE principles, and Builder Channel Standardization.
* Assist transportation with the offloading, staging, and reloading of kitchens and other inventory items.
* Pull same day routes for service technicians and independent sub-contractors. This may include plant shipments or stock items.
* Assist in shipping all unoccupied service and warranty service product and parts to satellite locations.
* Put away all inventory and parts for the warehouse.
* Be available to BSR's, warranty and sales for pulling inventory for shipping or pickup.
* Receiving and shipping via UPS and other vendors.
* Maintain an accurate and ongoing inventory of all warehouse products and parts. Compile and submit replacement orders when needed. Order any sample material required by Sales.
* Key Return Authorizations and send returned product to plant.
* Keep warehouse clean at all times.
* Back up and assist Builder Service Representatives and warranty personnel as determined by CSM.
* Support efforts by all members of the American Woodmark team to continuously improve departmental, location, and company performance.
This position has no supervisory responsibility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and skills
* A history of commitment of the principles outlined in our Mission Statement.
* 1 to 3 years experience with cabinet installation and repair is preferred.
* Excellent reasoning ability and decision-making skills.
* Must have good basic math skills.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
* Physical ability to perform moderate to heavy lifting (up to 150 pounds).
Ability to read and interpret common business documents, ability to listen and communicate effectively with others.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, interpret and understand instructions and business memos, letters, forms and manuals.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to lift a minimum of 75 to 150 pounds.
Typical office, warehouse, and construction site environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high. Work shifts vary from standard business hours. Occasional travel around town may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled