Job ID: 224259
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, located in Hauppauge, NY is looking for a driver with a Class B Commercial Driver's License. This position is more than just driving, it also involves off-loading loose glass manually and providing great customer service. Your time will be divided between making deliveries and working in the shipping area.
The starting salary is $18.50 per hour. This is a union position (NOT TEAMSTERS) with excellent, low cost, health insurance benefits. The workweek is Monday through Friday.
We deliver to Long Island, NY/NJ metro, northeast, and southeast Jersey, Dutchess and Rockland counties in NY, and New England (MA, CT, RI).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position involves hauling glass shipments to local customers using a company assigned rack truck. This involves frequent handling of glass product both by hand and with suction cups.
- Unloading could include handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal and associated products, as well as operating boom cranes, and truck-mounted forklifts
- At least 21 years old (necessary to cross state lines)
- Possess a valid driver's license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- At least two (2) years of verifiable, incident-free driving experience driving at least a class A or B commercial motor vehicle
- A valid medical card
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Familiar with how to safely load and secure cargo
- Exceptional customer relations skills
- Ability to operate handheld scanners and electronic logging devices
- Acceptable motor vehicle record over the last three years; and have not had any major traffic violations on your driving record
- Glass experience is helpful, but not necessary
- Knowledge of the NY tri-state area is a plus
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, walk, and reach frequently
- Must be able to lift/move up to 75 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Long Island Nearest Secondary Market:
New York CIty
This job has expired.