Hendrickson is searching for a VAVE Engineer to join their team in Woodridge, IL. This individual will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Manage and report on active VAVE programs, while coordinating with Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing
- Prepare and present high-level monthly updates for department Directors
- Conduct VA/VE workshops to identify potential cost reductions or product improvements.
- Work with plant to optimize current processes and reduce scrap.
- Investigate alternative designs to maintain performance while reducing cost and weight.
- Manage all technical aspects of a major project and/or multiple smaller projects.
- Designs, validates, provides test reports, and sign-off documents, and ensures production readiness.
- Coordinates with CAD, FEA, and laboratory personnel and interfaces with other department in support of the above.
- Coordinates the technical design and test aspects on projects with suppliers and customers.
- Helps to assure safety in the lab and office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested? The successful candidate will possess: Educational Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in technical discipline required.
- 5-8 years' experience in vehicle structural design (preferable heavy or medium duty truck) with exposure to dynamic structural analysis, finite element analysis, fatigue analysis, and product design.
- Demonstrated program management skills
- Demonstrated product innovation
- Exposure to or training in vehicle dynamics desirable
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.