Under supervision of the Maintenance Reliability Supervisor, carries out assigned preventative maintenance duties and functions on a plant-wide basis.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Performs lubrication and checking of lubricant levels in machinery and guards.
- Performs minor repairs on guards, grease lines, and on equipment where possible.
- Service mobile equipment and portable air compressors.
- Assist with kiln repairs when needed.
- Assist in other areas when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Ability to use cutting torch and welder
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in the English language
- Must be able to visually check levels in machinery and guards
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and below ground level (finish mill tunnels, finish mill separator)
- Must be able to work at heights of 100+ feet
- Must be able to carry 5-gallon buckets of oil weighing 40-50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work closely around moving equipment and machinery
- Must be able to read and write legibly to keep accurate logs of work done
- Must be able to read and understand labels on lubricants and oils and their purposes
- Must be able to be on your feet 8-12 hours per day
- Must be able to operate condor man lifts, small cranes, motorized hoist trolley, front-end loader, bobcat, forklift and trucks
- Must be able to read and understand operating manual for mobile equipment operated
- Must be able to use hand tools and/or air tools
- Lift up to 60 pounds
- Visual acuity, speech & hearing, hand & eye coordination
- Walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, and squatting to perform the essential functions of this production labor position
- Must use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain and in high humidity and is required to work in all plant environments. Incumbent will be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights. . May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDS's)