EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Category Construction Inspection
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) has immediate openings for highway and bridge construction inspectors to work on major projects in various locations throughout West Virginia.
- Perform daily field inspections and observations of contractor's work for heavy highway and/or bridge construction projects, including earthwork, subgrade, asphalt, concrete, reinforcing steel, structural steel, MOT, safety devices, and utilities
- Ability to measure, compute, record, and maintain contract quantities for contractor payment
- Ability to read and interpret project plans, specifications, and standards
- Perform and/or observe material sampling and testing in accordance with Project standards and specifications
- Ensure contractor's work/materials meet standards and specifications
- Ability to properly document daily Project progress, including work performed, conformance/nonconformance with plans/specifications, manpower, equipment, contract quantities, and extra work
- Entering and recording project progress, materials, and documentation into SiteManager and ProjectWise
- Identifying and communicating project issues to project managers and the contractor
- Ability to identify, assess, and communicate unsafe conditions with the contractor
- Must possess a WVTRET Certification (any Level 1-5) or be able to obtain a WVTRET certification within 6 months of hire
- Previous construction inspection experience
- Certification in any WVDOH Material Testing programs are considered a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with the use of WVDOH SiteManager and ProjectWise applications
- Must be able to work independently and/or with a GPI/WVDOH Project Team
- Should also be available to work the contractor's hours of operation, up to and including day or night shift and weekends, as necessary for Project completion
Position Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver's license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration.
- Possess a personal vehicle for use during the day for transportation to and from and on or around a job site
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Possess the ability to stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day.
- Possess the ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with variation of elevation 12" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground etc.)
- Possess the ability to climb and leave a ladder to a platform varying from 6' to 20' extension
- Possess the ability to ride and work from a mechanical aerial lift or bucket truck up to a height of 100 feet
- Be physically able to don, wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus.
- Be able to work at a height 6' or higher utilizing a personal fall arresting system
- Be able to wear and work using GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
- Be able to lift and or carry a weight of 30-50 lbs. (concrete inspection specimens and required equipment)
Shift -not applicable-
Position Construction Inspector
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP02 - Martinsburg
This job has expired.