Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- The Candidate will support early stage formulation development activities for the development of oncolytic viruses, Adeno-Associated Viruses, cell therapy, monoclonal antibodies, and novel biotherapeutics.
- The candidate will perform analytical assays in support of solubility, stability and elucidation of degradation mechanisms.
- The candidate should be able to design, develop and execute experiments in the areas of pre-formulation, formulation screening and development, cryopreservation, lyophilization, fill-finish, and/or biophysical characterization.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results, maintain documentation, and prepare precise technical reports, summaries and protocols with minimal supervision.
- Present findings at internal meetings and/or contribute to the preparation of manuscripts and patent applications. Function effectively as a member of one or more project teams.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Good verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and organized work habits are essential.
Education: M.S. or B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutics, Chemical/biochemical Engineering or related field
- Associate Scientist I: Bachelor's degree and about 5+ years OR Master's degree and about 2+ years in biopharmaceutical industry/Academic lab.
- Associate Scientist II: Bachelor's degree and about 8+ years OR Master's degree and about 5+ years in biopharmaceutical industry/Academic lab.
- Experience with biophysical and biochemical characterization of viruses, protein and viral stability, and analytical methods development is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of formulation development and analytical characterization of proteins.
- Experience in calorimetry, gel electrophoresis, HPLC, lyophilization, UV/Vis spectroscopy, fluorescence spectroscopy, and qPCR assays
- Strong knowledge of protein structure and stability
- Experience in handling viruses and live cells and understanding of aseptic techniques is required
- Good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in an interdisciplinary fast paced environment are also an integral part of this position.
- Direct experience in handling of viruses, and formulation development of viral and vaccine products.
- Experience with authoring regulatory documents
- Experience with fill-finish operations
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=e