Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a skilled and motivated Equipment Engineer to be a part of a manufacturing engineering team engaged in advanced technology at GLOBALFOUNDRIES state of the art 300mm wafer fab (Fab8) in Malta, New York. The primary responsibility of this position is to work as a track equipment engineer. This responsibility includes troubleshooting track related problems, maintaining equipment uptime, and working with the supplier on track improvements.
In your role you are responsible for the following. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Startup, qualification, and sustaining activity of leading edge Photolithography Coat and Develop Tracks as a Track Equipment Tool Owner to support 14nm technology requirements.
- Support other fab organizations to ensure the equipment will meet the required cost, quality and reliability metrics.
- Support technology insertion and improve equipment robustness by providing technical solutions for equipment related yield problems.
- Work closely with vendors and actively drive projects to improve tool performance to meet fab capacity needs.
- Work closely with shift teams to provide direction and training for engineers and technicians (maintenance schedule and execution, equipment qualification and documentation).
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and follow lean manufacturing practices to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Support Fab8's efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
Enrolled in a B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Computer Science or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in 248nm, 193nm or 193nm Immersion Lithography tools, and processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a matrixed global environment.
- Familiar with equipment engineering, maintenance and troubleshooting concepts.
- Familiar with FMEA and risk management.
- Experience in applying LEAN techniques in a manufacturing environment, Lean Six Sigma Certification.
- Strong equipment troubleshooting and hands-on background. Working experiences with vendors.
- Knowledge of semiconductor wafer fabrication processes.
- Experienced in driving improvement projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.