Are you a passionate Physician thriving to make a true impact on patients' lives? This is an opportunity to seek the challenges of clinical development in a group of positive, focused and highly motivated colleagues. Are you ready to join us and see what science can do?
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you'll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
At LateRespiratory & Immunology (Late R&I), we're driven by innovation and our dedication to make a real-life difference in patients' lives. That difference starts with you. We are part of the BioPharmaceutical R&D unit. Here, you will get the opportunity to work in a truly international environment and meet and discuss with key opinion leaders, other medical colleagues and authorities in basic science, as well as commercial, regulatory, and other functions.
What you'll do
As a Clinical Research Physician, you will provide clinical mentorship and scientific leadership for clinical development programs within AstraZeneca's global organization. You will operate in a wide range of aspects in pharmaceutical medicine and lead a multitude of contacts with health authorities, colleagues and marketing companies within and outside of AstraZeneca.
You will impact clinical project teams and assist the Global Clinical Head (GCH) with the design and interpretation process, as well as establishing clear design objectives for clinical programs and studies.
We rely on you to:
Essential for the role
- Build positive relationships and networks with internal and external scientific specialists and opinion leaders
- Work closely with colleagues in other functions including Patient Safety, Regulatory Affairs, Biometrics, and Clinical Operations
- Be involved primarily in Late Stage (Ph2b and later) clinical programmes and additionally collaborate with clinical colleagues supporting Early Stage programs as well as Medical Affairs colleagues
- Provide medical input into the content of core labelling texts and medical support for commercial activities, as well as the scientific component of the pricing and value strategy
- Provide expert medical input into the preparation of regulatory documents and interactions with health authorities
- Provide expert analysis and interpretation of data from ongoing studies and from the literature
- Prepare and present publications at scientific meetings and congresses
We believe that you are a fully qualified physician (MD or MD PhD) with pharmaceutical industry experience in late stage clinical drug development. Respiratory, Immunology, Rheumatology, and/or Allergy & Dermatology background is desirable. Willingness to travel nationally and internationally as needed for the role is expected.
You also possess:
- Significant experience in the design, execution and interpretation of Late Stage clinical trials in the Respiratory or Immunology area or other therapeutic area/ specialty in clinical development
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
If you are ready to make a difference - apply today, and we'll make it happen together!
We welcome your application no later than June 30th, 2020Where can I find out more?
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/
Ensuring the health and wellbeing of our employees and the patients on our clinical trials is of paramount importance to us at AstraZeneca. We fully support and commend the vital role physicians are undertaking during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to recruit open physician vacancies, making use of digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit great talent, but we want you to be aware that we are happy to discuss postponing start dates, releasing you for voluntary/ paid clinical work or similar activities during this time. We thank you in advance for all you are doing for patients in these challenging times.