- Work Safely in the Manufacturing Production Environment
- Follow detailed verbal / written assembly instructions, processes, and procedures
- Read and understand customer work orders and assembly instructions - blueprints, technical drawings, etc
- Dismantling, assembling, painting valves and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them using hand tools and power tools
- Operate hand power tools, presses, drills, saws, lifts, and control equipment efficiently and safely
- Perform quality control checks and verification of work order specifications
- Properly fill out basic forms, reports, and label products correctly
- Communicates and works effectively with others
- May provide hands on and verbal job function training to coworkers as needed
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Production Supervisor
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions
- Operate forklifts and overhead cranes with approved rigging methods as directed
- Perform other routine duties as directed
Education & Experience:
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arm's length, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds, and up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
- Ability to use power tools, air tools and other vibratory tools.
- Ability to work from a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work around hot heavy machinery
- Ability to work in an open warehouse environment, subject to seasonal weather (hot/cold)
Kimball Employee Benefits Include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude required
- Must have 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing/warehouse setting.
- Forklift and overhead crane experience is a plus.
- Experience with CNC machines is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Fully air-conditioned facility including production areas
- Two weeks paid vacation, and personal time (starting)
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Overtime opportunity
- Tuition reimbursement
- Safety shoe stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sexual orientation, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship status and creed.