Job ID: 224239
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America's building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle APG is the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 195 operating locations and 6,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle APG is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
This position is responsible for technically supporting and building capabilities of our North American manufacturing operations by providing equipment expertise (specifically Big Board Paver Machines) to plants for process, productivity and quality improvement. As well as troubleshoot equipment and train operators to properly operate and maintain equipment.
Scope and Impact
- Establish close working relationship with manufacturing personnel to ensure safety, quality and productivity requirements are met by providing technical training and technical assistance.
- Identify and direct continuous improvement efforts to improve operational excellence including but not limited to process improvements, cost reduction, preventative maintenance, production efficiencies and capital repairs.
- Provide a communication forum for plant based subject matter experts and provide technical assistance to plant management and engineering staff who will manage non major projects.
- Ensure that the policies, practices and equipment running in plants comply with "Best Practice" by facilitating and being involved in workshops.
- Conduct operational audits as requested by your manager.
The Plant Improvement Manager is responsible for the implementation of improvements in manufacturing capabilities, while ensuring the standardization of best practice processes.
It will be important to maintain strong relationships globally. The Plant Improvement Manager will work directly with all levels of operations within a facility to influence adherence to our Best Practices and 5 fundamentals: Safety, Housekeeping, Quality, Productivity and Preventative Maintenance. Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience (electrical, electronic or mechanical preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in manufacturing environment. A detailed knowledge of applicable processes and associated equipment is essential.
- Masa or Rekers experience required.
- Proven experience leading others to change and improve technical processes.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Architectural or building products experience desired.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- This role will involve extensive travel throughout North America (approximately 90%). (travel restrictions apply during Covid-19)
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Plant, Engineer, Electrical, Plant Operator, Plant Manager, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.