Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
We offer the following benefits:
- 30% discount on merchandise
- competitive salary
- career advancement
- Bonus opportunity
- an excellent benefits package including Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay, Medical/Dental/Disability/Life and AD&D insurance & 401k.
The Server Administrator is responsible for maintaining the stable operation of the Spencers/Spirit information technology infrastructure. The Server Administrator will be a key member of the Server Infrastructure team in the support of current technology and the implementation of all improvements and expansions.
The position is accountable for the daily monitoring, maintenance and support for all servers, SAN systems and related software. You will work closely with the IT Infrastructure team in analyzing, designing, and implementing server and SAN technologies that will accommodate scalability, security, and redundancy requirements and meet the organization's SLAs.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining Spencers' infrastructure that combines technology with business processes to help transform our business to the highest levels of performance.
- Report on all activities associated with the health, performance and reliability of all servers and services under Server Operations control, including capacity planning, availability trending and application performance
- Prioritization of all application support activities including but not limited to: Exchange, Windows Infrastructure Services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP) and data center operations (Cisco UCS, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Provide close liaison with project teams to ensure the smooth transition of new applications, systems and initiatives into the production environment.
- Proactive monitoring all systems for quick resolution (during and after hours) by adhering to notification and escalation procedures.
- Assists with annual PCI audit ensuring systems meet security requirements
- Assists with the annual internal/external audits and remediation
This job has expired.
- 5 to 7 years IT experience with a minimum of 5 years infrastructure management experience.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years' experience in server and SAN infrastructures implementing technology solutions within Windows Server and Cisco equipment in a distributed corporate environment.
- Experience in a high intensity retail environment preferred, but not required.
- Technical proficiency in Infrastructure Services (DNS/DHCP/FTP/SMTP/RDS/ Certs/ADFS/DFS) with ability to function as a consultant to other IT groups on matters as a recognized technical expert.
- Knowledge of support systems for servers, PCs, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Advanced level knowledge in at least 3 of the following:
- MS Exchange 2010 or later
- Office 365 (migration, administration, etc)
- Enterprise Hyper-V implementations
- SAN Management
- High availability/Clustering
- Active Directory Policies and Governance
- AWS/Azure services
- Functional knowledge in the following:
- Implementing operational automation using scripts (.CMD, PowerShell)
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models (CommVault)
- Dell Compellent SANs
- Cisco Network infrastructure, NexusOS, IOS, Wireless, ASA
- Experience with native and 3rd-party monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis, information technology or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and promotes understanding.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to set targets and monitor achievements in delivering quality infrastructure services to users and application teams.