The 2 nd Shift Production Supervisor is an integral part of our Operations Teams who manages and coordinates activities of the full hourly workforce. These employees assemble parts into units, service manufacturing processes/equipment, and provide equipment design/build support. The Production Supervisor will interface with all levels of management and employees in a team-based environment and continually strive to implement the philosophies of our Business System. First shift supervisors are dedicated to a particular VST and/or department, while second and third shift supervisors oversee the operations floor (multiple departments and teams).
- Maintain a safe work environment:
- Investigate accidents and near misses, complete documentation, implement improvements
- Understand Job Hazard Analyses
- Follow all JVS safety policies and processes including Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO)
- Handle all facilities issues for shift and Emergency Response until EHS is on site.
- Meet customer quality requirements and comply with JVS Quality System procedures
- Manage safety, quality, delivery productivity and cost improvements
- Ensure employees comply with documented standard work through performance management
- Work actively to enforce the attendance policy and performance issues with VST Supervisors
- Own administrative practices such as timecard management, vacation, and PTO requests, overtime distribution, probationary employee evaluations, grievance protocols, and other duties as assigned
- Advise / support interpretation and consistency of Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Adhere to company policies in accordance with union labour agreement
- Provide leadership and communication to the other shifts consistently to ensure a smooth transition, including turnovers with maintenance
- Manage maintenance and machine cleaner departments to cover highest priority repairs / preventative maintenance and managing the DCR process
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
Job Requirements Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Proven track record for delivering results - meeting deadlines and working under pressure
- Ability to achieve 100% on-time-delivery to all customers
- Ability to increase manufacturing productivity and efficiency
- Ability to think analytically and ability to translate vision into action
- Must be able to utilize lean tools including Kaizens to lead/implement process improvements
- Ability to maintain positive employee and labor relations
- Capability of supervising a large team and knowing when and when not to go into depth regarding floor issues.
- Experience with or ability to learn how to manage in a Union environment.
- Team leadership and alignment skills - Ability to manage a diverse group of people and motivate staff to work together as one team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Key Relationships :
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience with a at least 1 year in a supervisory role
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment as a mechanical engineer, process/quality engineer and/or manufacturing manager preferred
- Proven track record driving measurable/sustainable improvements.
- High School Degree required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred / Associates Degree acceptable
Physical & Working Environment:
- Operations Managers
Jacobs Vehicle Systems is a heavy-duty manufacturing facility. As such, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas within the facility.
Given the scope of responsibility and assignment; employees may be exposed to any or all of the following conditions:
Extensive sitting or standing; climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and other substantial movements for up to 8 hours per day, not including potential voluntarily overtime; loud noises; exposure to oils, coolants, fumes, odors and other potential hazardous chemicals and materials. Employees are required to have visual acuity to support the basic functions of the role as defined above.
JVS adheres to all required standard procedures to ensure the safety of its employees at all times.
General duties and responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice to meet current business demands.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.